A collection of yields of various scrap.
The numbers in this list is probably correct, but just because someone manage to extract a certain amount of gold from some scrap doesn't guarantee that you will do the same. Proficiency in refining and the amount of gold in the scrap can vary a lot.
There exists a couple of lists on the net with inflated numbers. Probably released by someone trying to sell CPU:s or other scrap. Check your sources before relying on any numbers.
Gold plated and populated boards
- GRF : Gold plated LNB boards 900 g/ton populated boards, 1350g Au / ton unpopulated boards.
- GRF : Fully populated boards with partial plating 1.1g from 17 kg = 65g Au / ton populated boards.
- GRF : Mixed boards, 12 tons
- Au 116 g/ton, Ag 905 g/ton, Pd 33 g/ton, Cu 214 kg/ton
- GRF : Small socket MB 3,790 lbs.
- Gold 4.4 Toz, Silver 9.4 Toz, Palladium 2.5 Toz, Platinum 1.3 Toz, Copper 523 Lbs.
- GRF : Pentium-MMX 3.4 g Au/kg
Memory / IC:s
- GRF : Whole mobile phones without batteries delivered to Umicore
- Au 311 grams per ton, payed 95%
- Ag 1333 grams per ton, payed 96%
- Pd 40 grams per ton, payed 92%
- Cu 180 kg per ton
- (1 ton has 16000-17000 pieces without batteries)
Metal transistor cans, golden legs
- : GRF Golden legs transistors
- 1,52 g Au from 200 g material, 0,76% by weight.
- Ink jet printer cartridges 1/3g Au per 100 cartridges.
- Mixed IC:s by several persons 1.2g/kg, 0.6g/lb +/- 10%.
- BGA-chip bottoms, solder balls 0.7g Au/kg for complete bottom boards, 2% Ag and 0.22% Au in solder balls.
- Ceramic DLP 1.2 - 1.5 g/lb.
- MLCC 2-3.5% Pd, up to 10% Ag.
- Fuzz button connectors, various numbers for different connectors, read the whole thread.
- Fuzz button connectors, separate thread with 0.07 g/connector.
- Ceramic DIL with gold plated legs
- Gold&Scrap yield list by Sam (pdf)