Potassium Gold Cyanide
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
|This article is a stub. You can improve Gold Refining Wiki by expanding it.|
Potassium Gold Cyanide is a cyanide salt used for gold plating. It contains 68% gold by weight.
Turning PGC salt into gold
All procedures should be done in a fume hood.
- Least dangerous but with most waste (gallons): zinc cementation
- More dangerous, but less waste : electrolytic recovery by plating
- Most dangerous, but virtually no hazardous waste : chemical destruction via wet ashing and combustion of HCN. To vent HCN gas is dangerous and should not be done. HCN is highly toxic.
- Cyanide destruction
- Cyanide equipment
- Cyanide leaching
- Cyanide legality
- Cyanide plating solutions
- Cyanide safety
- Cyanide storage
- Cyanide testing
- Cyanide toxicity
- Cyanide waste
- Recovery of metals from a cyanide solution